Monday 6 April 2009

Who stole my fairy dust?

You sound so down and I don’t know what to do. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all better but I don’t really have anyway to be able to do that, I guess me going off on one earlier about yesterday at church with Lambkin, Mrs Mow Mow and Q didn’t help.
I don’t really know what to suggest. I guess in one way it would be to save up your pennies and move down here but then what about Dan the Man you can’t leave him behind and if you bring him with you, we’d need to find him a job.
The other option is for you to move down and then you have a long distance relationship but then that puts strain on it too – I know I’ve been there lol. I guess if you stay up there you almost need somewhere that you can meet other people. I know you’re not sure about going back to your old church but RP belongs to a network of churches called Ground Level – what if I see if we can find a Ground Level church in Mansfield? There might also be NFI (which is the group that Woodside belongs to). At least then you can find some other friends and you don’t feel so isolated. I’ve had a look and found two Ground Level churches, one is in Mansfield and the other is in Kirkby-in-Ashfield. NFI don’t have any churches in Mansfield – their nearest is Nottingham (and there they have two!). I’ve also had a look on the Evangelical Alliance’s website – they have one church in Mansfield on their website so that’s another one to look at if you want.
If you are here this weekend we are having a connect group meal on Sunday and an Easter egg hunt. That’s one less meal to try and organize. I’m sorting everyone out and coming up with a plan of what people need to bring. I’m going to make a pasta salad – so I need to go get the bits for that at some point – while I supervise CJ and make sure he writes his dissertation. (2 weeks today is the deadline. He’s got 6000 words to go as of this morning).

Anyhoo I have to get back to other stuff but I will be around on MSN till 5ish if you need me

No comments: